Non-ExemptLa Canada, CA, US
The primary responsibilities are maintaining employee data (demographic, payroll, etc.) and processing timekeeping records each pay period. Will also take the lead in processing Multi-State Company-wide semi-monthly payroll for 500+ employees, supporting and overseeing the company HRIS (currently ADP Workforce Now), and other responsibilities as time permits. The HR Generalist/Payroll will be active in the following areas:
- Responsible for the proper entry, storage, security and use of employee data in HRIS (including new hires and all employees across the United States). Help to maintain data integrity in the system by running queries and analyzing data.
- Process semi-monthly payroll (including reviewing time-keeping records; monitoring time, absences, corrections and reconciling any discrepancies and policy violations) to ensure it is timely, compliant and accurate.
- Maintain employment related workflows (new hire onboarding activity, transfer, promotion, salary/status changes) and document process and results.
- Ensure all involuntary deductions (garnishments, levies, etc.) are accurately set up and deducted.
- Assist new hires and new time & attendance supervisors in familiarization of HRIS to include coordination of new hire onboarding and timekeeping. Also, maintain online employee self-service features as a resource for all employees.
- Assist with processing of terminations (including final pay and vacation payout).
- Assist with the monthly commission and quarterly incentive payroll preparation.
- Assist in the development of standard reports for ongoing department or manager needs.
- Recommend process improvement or evaluate solutions for the use of HRIS; support ongoing upgrades and updates and communicate changes to other HR team members when necessary.
- Prepare, review, interpret, and analyze a variety of HR data, information, and reports, and make recommendations depending on the findings
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in processing payroll with multi-state, multi-level automated payroll for 500+ employees, preferably in ADP Workforce Now.
- Advanced proficiency of ADP Workforce Now highly desired.
- Strong computer skills: MS Office, Outlook, Gmail.
- Knowledge of relevant Federal/State/local requirements regarding payroll records and pay practices.
- Solid communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management skills (especially under critical deadlines)
- Ability to create policy and procedure documentation.
- Able to work well independently and with other team members with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving with employees and managers.
- Ability to maintain confidential information