Full-time RegularNon-ExemptHuman Resources, La Canada, CA, US12 days agoRequisition ID: 1646APPLYTO HR GENERALIST
With $1,000 in his pocket, Allen Lund made the brave decision to start his own transportation brokerage company. It was 1976, when Allen Lund Company formally opened the first office in Los Angeles. Now, we have 35 offices throughout the country and continue to grow!
We are always looking for exceptional people to join our fast paced, challenging, team-oriented work environment. Our culture fosters personal growth and commitment both in and out of the office. Our diverse work force is key in delivering outstanding customer service and our commitment to our industry are main components of our unmatched reputation. We hold true the value of hiring, developing and retaining the best employees in the industry. Our management provides an open and innovative environment that promotes professional and personal growth. This is why, one quarter of our employees have been with ALC for over 10 years!
Why we’re Awesome!!
- Inclusive company culture
- Training and Development
- Competitive Compensation
- Unparalleled Benefits & Wellness (we mean really good)!
- 401k with a generous match
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Transfer Opportunities
- Share in Company ownership
- Employee Recognition program
We are looking for Human Resources Generalist to join our team! The HR Generalist will be responsible in maintaining the data integrity in our HRIS, processing payroll, oversee the 401K plan, employee relations, and lead our Wellness Program. If this is you, or you like a challenge– let’s talk.
- Responsible for the proper entry, storage, security and use of employee data in HRIS. Help to maintain data integrity in system by running queries and analyzing data.
- Process semi-monthly payroll (including reviewing time-keeping records; monitoring time, absences, corrections and reconciling any discrepancies and policy violations) to ensure it is timely, compliant and accurate.
- Maintain employment related workflows and document process and results.
- Ensure all involuntary deductions (garnishments, levies, etc.) are accurately set up and deducted.
- Assist new hires and new time & attendance supervisors in familiarization of HRIS to include coordination of new hire onboarding and timekeeping. Also maintain online employee self-service features as a resource for all employees.
- Assist with processing of terminations (including final pay and vacation payout).
- Assist with monthly commission and quarterly incentive payroll preparation.
- Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing department or manager needs.
- Recommend process improvement or evaluate solutions for the use of HRIS; support ongoing upgrades and updates and communicate changes to other HR team members when necessary.
- Prepare, review, interpret, and analyze a variety of HR data, information and reports, and make recommendations depending on the findings
- Encourage participation and provides required notices to new eligible employees.
- Interacts with record keeper, auditors and financial adviser.
- Implements plan changes as needed.
- Prepares for and oversees annual 401(k) audit and preparation of financial statements.
- Assures all Required Minimum Distributions processed by due date.
- Direct, implement and track progress on wellness initiatives
- Encourage participation in all company provided wellness programs
- Maintain company intranet and internet wellness content
- Contribute wellness articles for companywide publication
- Use creativity to continually drive interest in wellness and wellness programs throughout the company
- Lead the company wide push for improved wellness
- Create, develop, and implement innovative programs targeting company-wide wellness
- Office Safety Plans
Skills and Experience
- College degree highly desired or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who excels in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience
- Excellent and effective communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic
- Ability to think outside the box
- Effective problem-solving skills and ability to resolve issues
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Join us in making a difference! Allen Lund Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.