Are you looking for an internship in the transportation industry? The Allen Lund Company is currently looking for a broker’s assistant Intern to join our Savannah sales team.
The primary responsibility of a broker’s assistant Intern is to learn and assist the transportation brokers in the execution of their daily operations, including the following:
- Customer service
- Customer relationship Management
- Costing and pricing of logistics services
- File Settlement
- Data Update and Maintenance in Oracle.
- Assist with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Other daily operational tasks.
In this position, you will utilize strong computer and communication skills as you coordinate the efficient flow of documentation and communications to help the sales team with its daily operations.
Success in this position requires a self-motivated, energetic team player, who excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal & written)
- One to two years experience in customer service, sales or administrative role in a fast paced office is preferred and some college education is desired.
- Strong customer service orientation and a sense of urgency
- Excellent time-management with the ability to multi-task and remain professional
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and a problem-solver
- Computer literate: Word, Excel, Outlook, Gmail and web browsers
The position is part-time, flexible weekday hours, and an excellent opportunity to gain industry experience.