This is a great opportunity for someone with industry experience to join an office as part of the Allen Lund Company that has been around for 40 years! The ideal candidate is someone with a background in transportation brokerage, who is looking to expand their existing customer portfolio.
As a Transportation Broker, you will be responsible for developing relationships with customers and arranging freight transportation to meet their needs. The most successful freight brokers are comfortable working in a fast paced environment and have exceptional problem solving and organizational skills.
Compensation includes a base salary plus quarterly bonuses. There is additional earning potential for seeking out new customers and bringing in new business making the earning potential unlimited!
As an Allen Lund Company employee, you are one of our greatest assets. To that end, we offer you and your family a comprehensive benefits program. At no cost to the employee, ALC provides medical, dental and vision coverage. Additionally, we offer a generous 401K plan, matching $.40 for every $1.00 you invest up to 15% of your annual compensation.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Sales with either your own or new customers.
- Account Management & Development
- Manage multiple pick-ups and deliveries
- Track and update shipment status to customers
- Tactful and intelligent negotiation of rates and services.
- Carrier Sourcing & Acquisition
- Provide excellent customer service to both shippers and carriers
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who excels in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in transportation, brokerage, 3PL, or produce related sales
- Excellent and effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic
- Ability to quickly process information and make decisions
- Effective negotiation and problem solving skills, and ability to handle conflict
- General computer skills- proficiency with MS Office is a must
- Bilingual a plus