This is a great opportunity for someone with industry experience to join an office as part of the Allen Lund Company that has been around for 40 years! The ideal candidate is someone with a background in transportation brokerage, who is looking to expand their existing customer portfolio.
As a Transportation Broker, you will be responsible for developing relationships with customers and arranging freight transportation to meet their needs. The most successful freight brokers are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have exceptional problem solving and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who excels in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in transportation, brokerage, 3PL, or produce related sales
- Excellent and effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic
- Ability to quickly process information and make decisions
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills, and the ability to handle conflict
- General computer skills- proficiency with MS Office is a must
- Bilingual a plus