Operations Manager, Plymouth, MN
• Set and track office budget
• Set and track financial goals
• Collection efforts to ensure timely and complete payment of all transactions
• Involvement in the quarterly bonus distribution process.
Assist Office in New Customer Acquisition:
• Support sales personnel in their efforts to contact new customers as appropriate
• Provide input for systems/processes for effective prospect identification, qualification, and management
• Work with the manager in the development of a strategic plan to acquire, track and communicate effectively with new customers
• Assist in the bid process
• Carry out strategies through prospect contact, proposal development and presentation, effective follow-up, and account management
• Call on customers, as needed, to establish business relationships.
Maximize Capacity of Current Customer Base:
• Assist manager to analyze current customer market share, trends, etc. and develop plans to address growth opportunities
• In conjunction with manager, transportation brokers, and sales personnel, develop customer profiles and analysis of customer histories
• Work with the manager, transportation brokers, and sales personnel, to maximize the capacity of the current base of customers through ongoing sales meetings and strategy sessions
• Assist transportation brokers and sales personnel in maximizing customer’s capacity through customer meetings, proposals, and presentations as needed
• Support transportation brokers and sales staff in their efforts to call on customers as needed.
• Assist manager in the development of business plans (individual and global)
• Participate in activities such as monthly/quarterly/annual meetings with customers; social/relationship-building activities (i.e. lunches, events, communication through emails, cards, calls) as appropriate
• Assist manager in the development of ongoing marketing efforts, coordinated with Corporate Marketing personnel.
• Assist in negotiations with carriers and shippers/receivers to arrive at an amicable solution for all.
General Office Management:
• Assist manager with the overall efficiency, maintenance, and appearance of the office
• Suggest types of merchandise, materials, supplies, and equipment for office
• Assist manager in ensuring office equipment is in good working order and employees have necessary supplies and business tools
• Assist manager to ensure office meets all safety requirements as well as compliance to all state and federal laws.