ALC Logistics is the transportation and logistics software division of the Allen Lund Company. The Allen Lund Company is privately employee-owned company dollar company and a key player in the transportation industry for the last 43 years.
ALC Logistics provides a cutting-edge logistics platform (TMS) that was developed to improve the way companies run their supply chains. At ALC Logistics we understand that as organizations look to increase revenue, they also introduce a high level of complexity and risk to their supply chains. Each company we work with presents a unique set of supply chain challenges and our software applications must be flexible enough to adapt appropriately. Built on Enterprise Class Oracle systems, our web-based applications are devoted to helping companies simplify, optimize, and automate their supply chains.
The ALC Logistics Team is made up of a diverse group of hard-working and talented individuals. If you like technology, working with a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment, and thrive in an atmosphere where you are able to identify creative and effective solutions to solve complex problems then this position is for you. Candidates for this role someone who has an interest in logistics and technology and is looking for an entry into the industry.
This Intern position’s primary responsibility is to assist the implementation team in the execution of various supply chain and logistics solutions that are provided to our customers. If you are looking for an introduction into the logistics and software industry then this is the perfect internship for you. You will have the opportunity to work directly with engineers, architects, and sales to understand B2B logistics industry. This internship can be full time at up to 40 hours a week or can be molded around your class schedule to provide needed flexibility.
Logistics Solutions Implementation and Support:
Taking on supporting role to implement various logistics solutions after the software sale is complete
- Assist the help desk in responding to emails, phones calls, and general support questions as needed for specified accounts.
- Assist in the creation, editing, and maintaining of various documentation including end-user docs, flowcharts, and data flow diagrams
- Assist in the UAT cycle of testing code changes made to individual applications and provide feedback and documentation to support your results.
Strategic Data Analysis, Evaluation & Reporting:
Support ALC Logistics Customers with data analysis and reporting activities to support short-term and long-term strategic plans and operating budgets.
- Assist Implementation Team in their collection, organization, monitoring, and presentation of various operational, service, and performance data through current reporting tools and outside reporting tools.
- Assist in manually fixing and formatting various raw data, master data, and set up tables as needed.
- Working in Customer Service Type role, preferably one that relates to software support
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of Google Office Applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Interest in data and technology
- Attention to Detail
- Professional written and verbal communication skills