As part of the Accounts Payable and Billing department, you will be responsible for ensuring that Allen Lund’s carriers and customers are provided with the most accurate, efficient, timely and professional feedback and resolutions. Major responsibilities of this position include high volume transactions of customer and carrier invoices, invoice resolution, handling in and outbound calls, problem-solving and building relationships internally and externally. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, continuously seeking ways to improve his/her performance as well as the department.
Emphasis on developing strong partnerships with carriers and peers through proactive, and quality communication and feedback. The expectation to demonstrate carrier advocacy by offering thoughtful solutions and providing valuable feedback.
- Review high volume of carrier invoices, identifying discrepancies, and resolving carrier billing issues
- Communicate necessary issues with involved parties which may include discussions with internal Carrier Sales and Customer Sales reps.
- Identify the appropriate course of action required for resolution and to educate all parties involved to prevent a recurrence
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our carriers through timely communication and accuracy of information delivered
- Handles inbound/outbound calls daily from carriers with a friendly, can-do attitude
- Monitor the team email and fulfill requests promptly, utilizing professional and thorough communication skills
- Ensure efficiency and accuracy in carrier payment by being attentive to detail
- Contribute and strengthen the team driven framework of the department with a positive attitude, and a valued commitment to adhere to rules, objectives, and guidelines identified by managers
- Ensure complete and accurate billing to our customers.
- Ensure customer specific billing requirements are met including online portals and EDI.
- Routine professional communication with customers and carriers through phone and email.
- Process incoming customer and vendor inquiries and requests.
- Assist in other general office duties as assigned.
- Team player attitude, within the department, as well as collaborating with other Allen Lund employees across the company
- Strong multitasking skills
- Motivated and self-driven to expand knowledge of Accounts Payable processes, Allen Lund, and the transportation industry
- Receptive to new ideas and opportunities
- Comfortable working with new technology software, competent in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet navigation
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K