Click Here to Apply!
Broker’s Assistant – Full-time
Minneapolis, Plymouth, MN
This position will be responsible for assisting Transportation Brokers in managing incoming and outgoing shipping logistics for cargo transportation carriers and shipping companies. The candidate would be responsible for performing daily “check calls” on loads in transit, handling customer related issues and inquiries, originating the necessary documentation for freight bills and would be well served in knowing basic clerical skills as well as knowing how to use a computer proficiently.
Success in this position requires a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player, who excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum post high school education preferred, college degree highly desired or equivalent full-time work experience in an office.
- One to two years minimum experience within a customer service, telemarketing or inside sales role in an office.
- Excellent and effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic
- Ability to quickly process information and make decisions
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Quick learner, a logical thinker and team-oriented.
- Computer literate: Word, Excel, Outlook, Gmail and web browsers.
This position is full-time with a competitive base salary, an excellent benefits package, opportunity for career growth, sales incentive and bonus opportunities.
Our employees are our greatest asset; we encourage high employee involvement and expect each employee to have a stake in the business.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits (100% Paid Premiums for Employee & Eligible Dependents)
- Stock Purchase Plan
- 401k Plan (including a generous employer match)