San Mateo, CA
You will be responsible for developing relationships with customers and arranging freight transportation to meet their needs. The most successful Customer Service Reps are comfortable working in a fast paced environment and have exceptional problem solving and organizational skills.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Account Management & Development
- Manage multiple pick-ups and deliveries via telephone and email
- Track and update shipment status to customers
- Tactful and intelligent negotiation of rates and services.
- Carrier Sourcing & Acquisition
- Provide excellent customer service to both shippers and carriers
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who excels in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 1-year experience in customer service in a transportation environment
- Excellent and effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic
- Ability to quickly process information and make decisions
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills, and the ability to handle conflict
- General computer skills- proficiency with MS Office