Temporary, Phoenix, AZ
Transportation Broker’s Assistant Internship
Are you looking for an internship in the transportation industry? The Allen Lund Company is currently looking for a Broker’s Assistant Intern to join our sales team in our Phoenix office
The primary responsibility of a Broker’s Assistant Intern is to learn and assist the Transportation Brokers in the execution of their daily operations, including the following:
- Customer service
- Customer Relationship Management
- Costing and pricing of logistics services
- File Settlement
- Data Update and Maintenance in Oracle.
- Assist with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Other daily operational tasks.
In this position, you will utilize strong computer and communication skills as you coordinate the efficient flow of documentation and communications to help the sales team with its daily operations.
- Exposure to a wide range of logistics issues
- Gain critical work experience
- Apply educational background to “real world” supply chain problems
- Obtain experience with commercial transportation, logistics or supply chain management software
Success in this position requires a self-motivated, energetic team player, who excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal & written)
- One to two years experience in customer service, sales or administrative role in a fast-paced office is preferred and some college education is desired.
- Strong customer service orientation and a sense of urgency
- Excellent time management with the ability to multi-task and remain professional
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and a problem-solver
- Computer literate: Word, Excel, Outlook, Gmail and web browsers
The position is part-time, flexible weekday hours and an excellent opportunity to gain industry experience.