Full-time- Senior IT Systems Admin(Linux/UNIX/Windows)
– La Canada Flintridge, CA
* Work incoming tickets for production access, network or performance-related issues.
* Ensure high levels of performance and availability for production Linux and Oracle Databases.
* Review incoming work and use current toolsets to automate response and resolution.
* Analyze system utilization and trending to plan for the system, application, and storage growth.
* Incorporate automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Terraform.
* Perform system maintenance and upgrades as needed within maintenance windows.
* Helps develop, document and implement operating standards.
* Create and maintain procedures and system runbooks within our wiki structure.
* Coordinating the installation and configuration of new hardware.
* Audit and remediate OS related security issues, patches
* Aids in the installation of applications as required by development and application teams.
* Participate in new technology reviews.
* Occasional travel will be required, mainly to the local data center in downtown LA.
* 4+ years’ experience with Linux and/or UNIX-based operating systems in a highly-available production environment.
* 4+ years experience with VMWare, Vsphere, vCenter management
* Experience using SolarWinds modules such as VMAN and SAM
* Knowledge of some type of scripting languages such as Bash, Shell, Python or Ruby
* Experience in troubleshooting network connectivity in a secure environment
* Experience troubleshooting database and application issues in a production environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong multi-tasking skills
* Experience with performance tuning for Oracle databases running on Linux in a highly available production environment.
* Experience with optimizing VMWare for running Oracle
* Experience with Red Hat Linux, Oracle Linux, Oracle Glassfish
* Working Knowledge of Storage Area Networks (Brocade 10G switches, PureStorage, Nimble)
* Working Knowledge of Infrastructure Security best practices
* Experience with enterprise systems management tools such as Puppet or Chef or Ansible
* Disaster Recovery process review and testing