This position will be responsible for assisting Transportation Brokers in managing incoming and outgoing shipping logistics for cargo transportation carriers and shipping companies. The candidate would be responsible for performing daily “check calls” on loads in transit, handling customer related issues and inquiries, originating the necessary documentation for freight bills. Additional duties will include building loads, scheduling pick ups, updating internal/external systems, and general office duties.
- Minimum post high school education preferred, college degree highly desired or equivalent full-time work experience in an office.
- One to two years minimum experience within a customer service, telemarketing or inside sales role in an office.
- Excellent and effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic
- Ability to quickly process information and make decisions
- Effective negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Quick learner, a logical thinker and team oriented.
- Computer literate: Word, Excel, Outlook, Gmail and web browsers.